Watchfield St Thomas
Built in 1857-8 by G E Street in a plain Gothic style. Rubble stone with dressed stone buttresses, copings and openings and gabled stone tiled roof.
Three bay nave, one bay chancel, north aisle and west bellcote. Two light simple cusped pointed windows on north side of nave, two windows of three stepped cusped lights under pointed arches on the south side. Chancel windows of two lights with cusped 'y' tracery. The roadside west front has an elaborate interplay of buttressing which includes a central buttress that changes in direction six times before it reaches the bellcote. The west porch to the left hand with a chamfered arch dying into its imposts. Plain doorway arch and plank door with thin ironwork. In an otherwise plain interior the north aisle has deeply undercut capitals of almost perpendicular style and deeply splayed windows with eyebrow dripstones. Open rafter roof with scissor beams and simple cusping, transitional style font with nebule enrichment, a fine candelabra and an 1860 stained glass east window.