St John the Evangelist, Fernham
St John's is at the heart of the village, with Sunday services every week – Holy Communion at 9am on the first and third Sundays, Morning Worship at 9am on the second Sunday and Evening Worship at 6pm on the fourth Sunday of the month. In a joint venture with the Fernham Village Trust, the church has been adapted so it can also be used as the Village Hall. It is now used regularly for village events and Annabelle’s nursery meets daily in term time.
Although 13th century gothic in style, St John's was in fact built in 1861 by the Gothic Revival architect JW Hugall to serve as a chapel of ease for Longcot.
It underwent a major re-ordering and refurbishment project between 2005 and 2010, which preserved the best of the church building including the font and some lovely stained glass, but added a beautiful new oak floor, a small but well appointed kitchen, a toilet, comfortable chairs and excellent IT facilities. This makes it a very versatile venue for village events, private hire and Benefice meetings.